Thursday, April 27, 2017

Some days the war

some days
the war
is an
ex girlfriend
I don’t
want around
but can’t
stop talking
about

some days
the war
is a
sandwich
I’ve eaten
whole but
refuse to
pay for

some days
the war
is an
open doorway
I can’t 
make myself
walk through

some days
the war
is a
5 finger
death punch
song on
my car
radio and
the only 
end I
can see
is us
going through
the windshield
entangled
like lovers

some days
the war
is my
mother
reminding me
that no one
will watch
sick children

some days
the war 
is a
drinking buddy
my wife
worries about
when ever
we leave
the house

some days
the war
is my
lord and
savior
writing poems
and watching
over me
like a 
machine made
of shame

some days
the war
is my
5th prom
in 4 years
I own
the tuxedo
but can’t
remember who
I agreed
to go
with

and some
days the
war is
a broken
promise
a frozen
nightmare
a parade
of ghost
a dead
child
and an
empty space
station
searching
the universe
for the
live I
had 6 
years ago.

-- Matt Borczon

No comments:

Post a Comment